Sid J. Kobewka BA LL.B LL.M
(Specializing in alternative dispute resolution)
I have practiced law for over 30 years and specialize in dispute resolution.
I received a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from the University of Alberta in 1975 and completed a Law degree from the same university in 1981. I have a general practice of law and have extensive experience with litigation, family law, personal injury, and corporate and commercial law.
In 2009 I received a Master’s of Law in Alternative Dispute Resolution from Osgoode Hall at York University in Toronto. I am a Registered Collaborative Family Lawyer and my education has had a strong influence on all areas of my practice. I advocate for my clients and give them the knowledge and guidance they need to have confidence in their decisions.
In the past I have sat on a number of associations in Alberta. I have been:
- The Chair of the Canadian Bar Association Wills and Estates subsection
- The Chair of Edmonton Collaborative Family Law Association
- A Provincial Court Civil Division Mediator
- A member of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- A member of the Edmonton Estate Planning Counsel
- A member of the Alberta Civil Trial Lawyer’s Association